Privacy Notice for California Consumers
Effective January 1, 2020.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to consumers who reside in the State of California. Intellectual Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“ITI”) adopts this privacy notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any related regulations issued by the California Attorney General.
Personal Information Collected
ITI has collected the following categories of personal information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers. For example, a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories described in California Civil Code section §1798.80. For example, a name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. For example, age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, pregnancy, or childbirth and related information), veteran or military status, genetic information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. For example, browsing history, search history and information regarding interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
ITI may but did not intend to collect the following categories of personal information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Sensory data. For example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information. For example, information related to a person’s current or past job history, wage information or performance evaluations.
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99). For example, grades, transcripts, student financial information or student disciplinary records.
Personal information does not include publicly available information.
How Personal Information is Collected
In the preceding twelve (12) months, ITI obtained the personal information described above from the following categories of sources:
- For ITI employees, information you provided during your onboarding and employment.
- Governmental entities, such as a department of motor vehicles.
- Other third parties whom you have authorized to provide us information or as otherwise permitted by law.
How ITI Uses Personal Information
ITI uses the categories of personal information described above for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To offer motor vehicle related services.
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
- With respect to employees of ITI, to manage your employment relationship with ITI.
- To enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
ITI may disclose the personal information described under Personal Information Collected to one or more of the following categories of third parties for business purposes:
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates, and alliance partners.
- Other third parties whom you have authorized us to disclose your information to or as permitted by law.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, ITI has not sold any personal information.
How ITI Secures Your Information
ITI is committed to keeping the personal information collected from our customers and prospects confidential and secure. ITI maintains security standards to protect your personal information, whether written, spoken, or electronic.
ITI updates and tests its systems regularly to ensure the protection and integrity of information that ITI maintains.
Your California Privacy Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with the right to request that ITI disclose what personal information ITI collects, uses, discloses, and sells.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that ITI discloses the following information regarding the preceding twelve (12) months:
- The categories of personal information ITI collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which ITI collected personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom ITI shares that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information ITI collected about you.
- If ITI disclosed your information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If ITI sold your information, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased. However, ITI does not sell personal information.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that ITI deletes any personal information that ITI collected from you. Once ITI receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, ITI will delete your personal information from ITI’s records, unless an exception applies.
ITI may deny your request if retaining the information is necessary for ITI to:
- Complete the transaction for which ITI collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug systems to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
You may exercise any of your privacy rights by either:
- Calling us at 1-866-955-5258
- Submitting a request through our CCPA Request Form
You may only make a verifiable consumer request to access personal information twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom ITI collected personal information or an authorized representative of such person and legally attest to this.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Only you, or a person legally authorized to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
ITI cannot respond to your request or provide you with the requested information if ITI cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the requested information relates to you. ITI will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you use an Authorized Agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete, ITI may require the Authorized Agent to submit proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf. ITI may accept as proof either:
- Written permission from you; or
- A power of attorney pursuant to the California Probate Code §§ 4000 to 4465.
ITI may also require the Authorized Agent to verify their identity directly with us.
Confirmation and Response to Your Request
ITI will send you a confirmation of receipt within ten (10) days of receiving your request to know or request to delete. ITI endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If ITI requires more time—up to ninety (90) days—you will be informed of the reason and extension period in writing. ITI will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures ITI provides will only cover the twelve-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response ITI provides will also explain the reasons ITI cannot comply with a request, if applicable. ITI will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. ITI will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If ITI determines that the request warrants a fee, you will be informed of the basis for this decision and provided with a cost estimate before ITI completes your request.
ITI will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, ITI will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Updates to our Privacy Notice
ITI recognizes and respects your privacy concerns, and ITI is committed to safeguarding your personal information. ITI is posting this privacy notice for informational purposes and will update and replace this privacy notice as changes are made or as required by law. When ITI makes changes to this privacy notice, ITI will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, or if you would like to receive a copy of this notice in an alternative format, you may contact us at:
Intellectual Technology, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
2980 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne IN 46805